Let’s talk EV charging. Over the past few months, we’ve already seen power charges rise significantly across the UK. Considering the tragic events currently taking place less than two thousand miles away in Ukraine, it’s almost certain that the energy situation is going to get worse.
In fact, when the EU leaders met in Versailles a few days ago, the need for everyone to do as much as we can to conserve energy and look for better ways to use sustainable, renewable energy in our homes and businesses was something they underlined.
It’s no wonder that the electric vehicle market is growing at an incredible rate, especially when you consider that the UK will end the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans by 2030, and all new cars and vans will be fully zero-emission from 2035.
If you’ve already taken the important energy-and-cost-saving step into EV or are thinking about doing so, Oliver Lamps can help! Plus, if you’re installing EV for your business, we can show you how to monetise it to help take the sting out of those nightmarishly accelerating power charges!
How can we do that?
It’s simple. Thanks to the excellent relationships we’ve built with the UK’s best EV charging station manufacturers, plus an exciting new relationship we’ve developed with one of Scandinavia’s top EV suppliers, we can offer you outstanding terms on EV charger installation! Plus, if you install your chargers now, we can help you take full advantage of the government’s OZEV (Office for Zero-Emission Vehicles) Workplace Charging Scheme grant. We’ll even apply for the grant on your behalf, so you won’t have the pain of doing all that paperwork yourself, and you’ll have peace of mind that your EV installation is in the safest, most expert hands possible.
What’s the OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme grant?
The OZEV scheme for workplace electric vehicle charging means your business will be eligible to receive grant funding for up to 40 charge points at your premises. That means you’ll receive up to £350 per installed chargepoint, which will considerably reduce your initial outlay of costs and might even cover the cost of the install completely!
Plus, if you install a single chargepoint that has two guns, that counts as two chargepoints, so you’ll be able to recover up to £700 for it!
The only essential thing to remember is; you must agree to apply for the workplace charging grant before the charge points are installed. You can’t do it retrospectively.
No need to worry, though. We’ll walk you through the terms and conditions when you contact us, and we’ll do all the hard work for you!
How can an EV chargepoint generate revenue for your business?
It’s simple. Let’s say you’re a pub, hotel, or B&B with a chargepoint installed. When an electric vehicle driver wants to charge their car or van at your chargepoint, they’ll swipe their contactless card or use an app to instantly pay you for the power they’re using. So, suppose your electricity supplier charges you (for example) 30p per kilowatt-hour. In that case, you could set your customer 50p (or whatever you decide it should be) per kilowatt-hour for using your chargepoint! That’s money that goes straight back into your business!
Considering that some hospitality clients we work with are expecting to pay an extra £50k or more in energy prices this year, that’s truly a cash injection lifeline! Also, let’s face it, every business needs all the financial assistance it can get right now, and installing EV is a guaranteed way to make that happen.
What are the four key benefits of installing an EV charger?
1. It’s an invaluable revenue generator.
2. It’s something you can do to help your business right now, and at the same time, you’ll be future-proofing your business for the years ahead. 2030 is just around the corner, so doesn’t it make sense to embrace EV today and stay ahead of your competition?
3. The OZEV Workplace Charging grant is available now and could potentially pay for your entire installation. There’s no guarantee it will still be around in another few months, so please don’t miss out.
4. It gives your business added value. When your customers know you’ve got EV chargepoints installed, it underlines how you’re going the extra mile to make their lives easier and help to create a better, more environmentally friendly future for all of us. It’s a great social media selling-point too!
Other things to remember.
· Oliver Lamps offers national EV installation coverage! Even though we’re based in Norfolk, we can arrange your installation and apply for the grant on your behalf wherever you are in the country.
· You won’t have to wait ages for your installation! As soon as you contact us and give us the go-ahead, we’ll get everything arranged, and your grant application sorted.
· EV is more important than ever! Oil and diesel aren’t just expensive, unsustainable and toxic, they’re a rapidly dwindling resource, and vehicle manufacturers are fazing them out in 2030. Eight years isn’t a long time. Remember when Donald Trump won the US election? That was six years ago! Don’t let the 2030 faze-out sneak up on you and lose your opportunity to claim the OZEV grant. Make the change to EV now!
What should you do next?
Give us a call on 01328 855028 or drop us an email at [email protected]. Our friendly, expert EV installation team are standing by to assist you.
PS. If you’re a homeowner who’s thinking about installing an EV chargepoint, you may already know that the government’s Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) has just ended. The (hopefully) good news is we’ve heard a rumour that something else will replace the Homecharge grant in the future, but what it’s going to be, who knows? Rest assured, though, as soon as anything changes we’ll keep you enlightened!